This year’s edition of Salone del Mobile fair was composed by different exhibitions spread over the various pavilions in Rho Fiera Milano:
– Salone Internazionale del Mobile, such as International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition boasting more than 1,300 exhibitors
– International Furnishing Accessories Exhibition, divided into two core themes such as “Classic Furnishing Accessories” and “Design Furnishing Accessories”, allowing the the best knowledge in design trends
– Euroluce (International Biennial Lighting Exhibition)
– Workplace3.0/SaloneUfficio (International Biennial Workspace Exhibition)
– SaloneSatellite, dedicated to young, emerging designers and serves as a launch pad into the world of design
– Salone Ufficio, featuring people’s needs and emotions as key protagonists of the works on display. Any creation on exhibit was crafted with the aim of providing new smart office solutions to allow a new, anthropocentric approach to design.
Salone del Mobile organizers have reported that this year’s event attracted 372,151 visitors between 12 and 17 April. Great numbers that continue attracting visitors each year.
The 55th edition of the furniture fair at the Rho Fairgrounds was renamed as Salone del Mobile.Milano, underneath the umbrella of the newly branded Milano Design Week. It also included the annual young designers exhibition SaloneSatellite, and the bi-annual Eurocucina kitchen show and International Bathroom Exhibition.
Milan transformed this week, as designers and enthusiasts come from all over the world. Here are the pictures among the happenings during the most important week in design.